Kitchen plumbing emergencies never come at a convenient time. Whether it’s a dinner party, trying to get out the door for work, or when you’re sitting down with the family, the last thing you want to see is water spraying around the room. Your kitchen is just too important to fall into disrepair.
Listed below are some common kitchen plumbing problems and potential DIY fixes. Remember, plumbing repairs can be complicated even if they seem simple when you first observe them.
Brevard’s Kitchen Plumbing Problems & DIY Fixes
- No Hot Water: Most of the time when you discover your faucet won’t produce hot water it’s because there’s a problem with your water heater. But, it can also be caused by a leak in the hot water relief valve, running out of hot water due to a small tank, or no power supply to the tank.
- Leaky Faucet: It’s hard to enjoy dinner with ‘drip, drip, drip’ as your background music. This common problem can often be solved by replacing a washer. While this is typically a quick fix, if left too long the faucet can rust. If you find yourself unable to easily remove the ‘parts, call a plumber before forcing something and causing a bigger issue.
- Water Leak: This type of kitchen plumbing problem can cause big damage. If you have a leak in your kitchen plumbing, the first step is to turn off the water main. Remember to take pictures for insurance if there has been damage. Then, call us for help resolving this issue efficiently and professionally.
- Stinky Drain: With all the grease, old food, and gunk put down our kitchen sinks, it’s no wonder that they get smelly sometimes. Check out of post When to Snake Your Drain and When to Call the Plumber for more information.
- Sink Not Draining: Similar to the cause for smelly drains, the things we put down our sink can sometimes cause it not to drain.
If you discover a plumbing issue in your kitchen don’t ignore it. Brevard’s Best Plumbing professionals can respond quickly, help you diagnose what’s wrong, and get you back to using your kitchen quickly and affordably. Serving all of Brevard County, FL our technicians are committed to always act with integrity. Contact us today to learn more.